Saturday, January 9, 2010

SUPER BOWL FRUIT PIZZA

This pizza has a cookie dough crust, a sweet cream cheese sauce and topped with your favorite fruit.

Variations:
I like to make my cookie dough from scratch
You can buy cookie dough at the store. Buy an 18 oz. tube of dough for a regular size pizza pan. I make my fruit pizza on a large cookie sheet with a 1 inch ledge also known as a jelly roll pan, for big crowds which I have during super bowl. If you use this cookie sheet you'll need 3 18 oz. cookie dough tubes.
This recipe is for large cookie sheet...half the recipe for pizza pan.

Ingredients
1 cup butter
1 cup shortening
3 cups sugar
Beat well with electric mixer
Add:
4 eggs
5 1/2 cups flour
1/2 t salt
1 T cream of tarter
2 t soda
Mix well and press on cookie sheet and Bake for 10 min at 400 degrees.
Sauce:
2 8oz. cream cheese
3/4 cup powdered sugar
4 T of the juice from canned fruit-such as mandrian oranges- pineapple.
Mix til smooth spread on cooled crust.
Top with your favorite fruit.
Kiwi
pineapple
mandrian oranges
bananas
strawberries
blueberries
blackberries
Arrange the fruit  like the picture or scatter around.


No comments:

Post a Comment



IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU SEE
PLEASE SIGN IN AS A FOLLOWER. ANY RECIPES YOU WANT TO SHARE WITH ME I WOULD LOVE TO POST THEM HERE.Just e-mail me @ debbiegmama@comcast.net